Introducing Buddy Blog. We’re having our friends, allies and associates write about things they know best, about things that will help you most!
The time we go scuttling for light, cotton clothes, dollops of ice cream and gallons of cool, fizzy drinks. But how many of us actually make the effort to change things around the house to battle the summer heat? Modifying or altering a few things will ensure that both you and your home breathe a little bit easier through the summer.
Here are 5 tips for a cool summer makeover for your house:
- Change your cushion covers to a palette of white and pastels. Colors like cream, beige, light yellow and coffee match with any color hence you won’t land up disturbing your color scheme. This is the smartest way to tone down the color scheme without spending too much.
- Wrap away your rugs and carpets. A cool bare floor looks way more pleasing to the eye than even the most beautiful carpet during the summers.
- Refrain from lighting too many candles during parties. Even if you have a centrally air conditioned house stick to only a couple of muted T – Lights inside colored holders. Just the sight of candles is enough for some people to feel hot- never mind the ACs.
- Resist living in an AC environment for more than 4 hours at a stretch. First thing in the morning open out all your windows to let fresh air in. Ensure you open windows in various different parts of the house for proper circulation of air.
- Bring plants in. Cool, green, watered plants are pleasing to the eye and make you feel cooler and calmer.
Summers don’t sneak up on us anymore. They arrive suddenly and with a bang. So now is a good time to start preparing for those hot months. Go ahead! Make that extra effort to keep your house cool this summer! It ought to be something more than just reaching for that AC remote while lying stretched on your settee :)
The writer, Dipika Singh, is a home stylist who helps you your maximize the potential your residential space and make it into both a place of pride and a place of comfort. She is the Founder at Magical Homes, a close buddy of Hammer & Mop.