At Hammer and Mop, we specialize in home cleaning across the city of Mumbai, and have built a solid reputation of good customer service and consistent quality. Carpet Cleaning is stressed as an essential component of keeping a home clean, because it helps in curbing indoor pollution. Here are the five quick ways to keep your carpets clean without a major hassle:
5 Carpet Cleaning Tips
- Blot Stains: A mistake that many people often make is rubbing stains. Many people fail to realize that rubbing the stain will only spread it out more and create a bigger problem. The key to taking out stains correctly is by blotting them, where you continuously dab the stain with a cleaning solution and some cotton to soak it up.
- Club Soda Method: You may have heard before that club soda is good for cleaning up stains. It’s true, club soda is very good for cleaning up beer and wine stains. However, there is a correct process to using it. Simply applying club soda on a stain and dabbing it will not help much. Blot the stained are with soda, after which you take a mixture of one part vinegar and one part water and spray it on the blotted area. Once the area has soaked, press a clean sponge to remove the solution. Repeat this process until the stain has been removed. After the stain is out, rinse the spot with warm water and use your hand to brush the carpet strands in its natural direction. Finally, place a towel, under a book or something heavy, on top of the soaked area and let it dry.
- Periodic Deep Clean: Cleaning the carpet every once in a while is an essential aspect in making your carpet look fresh and new. Hammer and Mop offers a dry foam cleaning service to help fulfill your carpet hygiene requirements. Over and above this, a daily vacuuming of your carpet is highly recommended.
- Dishwasher Detergent: The best method to remove grease stains is using a mixture of detergent and water. Apply two drops of grease cutting detergent into a cup of water and it’ll work just as well as it works on your dishes. You can put the solution in a spray bottle and use it as a spray. After spraying it, however, remember to use a cloth the dab the stain several times.
- Removing Wax: Wax stains from candles and other sources can be extremely problematic to remove from carpets. Fortunately, we have a quick and easy fix. Apply a towel on top of the wax stain, and then use an iron to heat the wax. Once it is heated enough, just use a butter knife to scrape it off. Do not however use the iron for more than 30 seconds or else you’d be risking burning the carpet.
We hope these quick fix tips help you with all your carpet problems. We, at Hammer and Mop, are always happy to help our consumers, and more importantly, empower them to help themselves.